Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching at Marshfield Schools!
It is very important to review the Substitute Teacher/Certification Process and maintain a current substitute certificate.
This link will allow candidates to apply for a certificate, check the status of an application, and check when a certificate will expire so that renewal can begin.
Please follow the substitute teaching checklist below:
- Apply for a Missouri Substitute Certificate at www.dese.mo.gov. Please follow the instructions outlined in the Educator Certification System Help Guide for the Certification System. A processing fee of $50 is required.
- Original transcripts from ALL institutions you have attended must be mailed to: Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480. Please be sure to include your Social Security number or Educator ID number on all the Transcripts. Faxed, scanned, emailed, or photocopied transcripts will not be accepted.
- If you do not have 60 college credit hours, you may take a 20-hour course through DESE. You can access it here:
- You must complete a fingerprint/background clearance before a Missouri Substitute Certificate may be obtained.
- The fingerprint/background clearance has a processing fee of $43.
- First, you must register with the Fingerprint Portal at www.machs.mo.gov.
- When registering, it will ask for your TCN number. You must register with one of the following TCN numbers.
- If you are unsure which one to use or plan on substituting for multiple districts, please contact me before registering. If you fail to contact us and use the wrong code, this could result in having to pay for fingerprints more than one time.
- Marshfield: 2181
- Once you have registered with the Fingerprint Portal, you may go to any Fingerprint Location in Missouri to complete your fingerprints. To view all locations please visit machs.mo.gov.
- Complete your Family Care Safety Registry at www.health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr.
- Their contact number is (866) 422-6872.
- Apply with us online at www.penmac.com
- Please contact the Lebanon Penmac office to set up a pre-screening appointment. During this appointment we will interview you, complete all your employee documents, and create your substitute badge. This appointment may take up to one hour.
Please plan on bringing the following items with you to your appointment:
Penmac Staffing is located at 1000 Alexis Avenue, Suite A/B, Lebanon, Mo 65536.If you have any questions, please contact:Danielle ParkerSub CoordinatorPenmac Staffing Services, Inc.Lebanon, MOPhone: 417-588-8990
- Transcripts (These can be official or unofficial)
- Driver’s License
- A second form of ID (Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, or a valid US Passport)
- A Voided Check (If you do not use checks, please bring in a letter from your bank with the bank letter head and your routing and account number)
- Missouri Substitute Certificate