Healthy Snacks and Drinks
Due to allergies or other medical issues, check with your the classroom teacher for any restrictions on food items allowed in a particular classroom.
Healthy Snacks for Classroom Celebrations
- Organic Graham Crackers and Bunny Grahams
- Organic Peanut Butter Chewy Granola Bars
- Low-Fat Yogurt and Smoothies
- 100% Juices
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables; Dried Fruit
- Fruit cups packed in water or own juice
- Milled Chia Seeds Pack
- Fruit Squish’ems
- Chewy Chocolate Chip and Oats & Honey whole grain Granola Bar- 1oz.
- Apple Delight and Strawberry Delight whole grain Snack Bars
- Apple Cinnamon and Chocolate whole grain Bars
- Baked Cheetos Crunchy Cheese- .875oz.
- Baked Cheetos Flamin Hot- .875oz.
- Reduced Fat Cheetos Puffs and Reduced Fat Flamin Hot Puffs .7oz.
- Cheetos Fantastix Flamin Hot- 1oz.
- Cheetos Fantastix Chili Cheese- 1oz.
- Rold Gold Heartzels Pretzels- .7oz.
- Reduced Fat Tostitos Chips- .875oz.
- Doritos Reduced Fat Cool Ranch- 1oz.
- Doritos Reduced Fat Nacho Cheese- 1oz.
- Doritos Reduced Fat Spicy Sweet Chili- 1oz.
- Fritos Original Corn Chips
- Lay’s Baked BBQ- .875oz. and 1 oz.
- Lay’s Baked Cheddar & Sour Cream- .875oz. and 1 oz.
- Lay’s Baked Original- .875oz. and 1 oz.
- Lay’s Baked Sour Cream & Onion- .875oz. and 1 oz.
- Lay’s Baked Southwestern Ranch- .875oz. and 1 oz.
- Lay’s Baked Tostitos Scoops- .875oz.
- Fruit by the Foot
- Fruit Roll-Up
- Scooby Doo Fruit Snacks
- Cereal Bars: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Trix, Golden Grahams, Cheerios
- Assorted whole grain Cereals- reduced sugar
- Nature Valley Chewy Granola Bars- 1oz. Assorted Flavors
- Yoplait Non-fat or Low-fat Yogurt- Assorted Flavors
- Trix Yogurt- Assorted Flavors
- Cheez-It-Atomic Cheddar .75oz.
- Cheez-It-Whole Grain .75oz.
- Kashi-Chewy Granola Bars- Assorted Flavors
- Keebler- Elf Grahams- Assorted Flavors; Gripz Cinnamon, Bug bites cinnamon grahams, Scooby-doo graham sticks
- Nutri-Grain Bars 1.55oz. whole grain- Assorted Flavors
- Poptarts- whole grain single pastry- Strawberry and Cinnamon
- Special K Cracker Chips- Assorted Flavors
- Rice Krispies Treats- whole grain 1.41 oz.
- Assorted whole grain cereals- reduced sugar
- Simply Chex- Cheddar, Strawberry Yogurt
- Lowfat Mini Ice Cream Cone
- Lowfat Cookies N’ Cream Bar
- Lowfat Dream Bar
- Reduced Fat Vanilla Sandwich
- Fudge Bar
- Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Lowfat Ice Cream Cups
- Healthwise Fat Free, Sugar Free, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Ice Cream Cups
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Cup
- Delicious Essentials Low Fat Whole Grain 1.8 oz. Muffins-Wild Blueberry, Banana, Chocolate-Chocolate Chip, Apple Cinnamon
- Delicious Essentials Whole Grain Cookies (Limit 1)- Assorted Flavors
- Goldfish Cheddar whole grain- .75oz.
- Goldfish Hot & Spicy Cheddar whole grain- .75oz.
- Goldfish Pretzels whole grain- .75oz.
- Goldfish Giant Grahams
- 90 Calorie Chewy Granola bars- Assorted Flavors
- Reduced Sugar Chewy Granola Bars- Assorted Flavors
- Breakfast Cookies Oatmeal Raisin
- Oatmeal to Go Bars- 1.41 oz. Assorted Flavors
Personal Snacks from Home
- Trail Mix, Dried Fruit, Low-sugar whole-grain cereals
- Whole Grain Low-fat Granola Bar
- Whole Grain Low-Fat Muffin- small
- Low-fat, Low-sodium Popcorn
- Whole Grain Cereal Bar
- Low-Sodium Salsa Cup with Veggies
- Whole Grain Rice Cakes
- Whole Grain Mini Low-Fat Bagel
- Whole Grain Cereal
- 100-Calorie Baked Chips- whole grain
- Veggie Pizza- whole grain crust
- Low-Fat or Fat-Free Yogurt/Greek Yogurt
- Low-Fat Yogurt Parfait
- Low-Fat Yogurt Push Up
- Low-Fat Pudding
- Low-Fat String Cheese
- Frozen 100% Juice Bar- small
- Fresh Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Fruit cups- packed in own juice or water
- Frozen Fruit
- Fresh Vegetables- carrots, broccoli, celery, etc.
- 100% fruit juices- limit to ≤8oz. Elem.; ≤10oz. Secondary
- 100% Vegetable Juice- limit to ≤8oz. Elem.; ≤10oz. Secondary
- Bottled Water
- Low-Sugar Sports Drinks- G2, Powerade Zero- High School
- Low-Calorie Flavored Water- High School
- 1% Milk, White
- Skim (Fat-Free) White Milk
- Skim (Fat-Free) Flavored Milks
Healthy vs. Non-Healthy Drinks
All Marshfield R-I School vending machines offer 100% juice drinks and water. Some also offer flavored and non-flavored milk. Your child’s body needs water to maintain the best hydration levels. Juice and milk offer the best ingredients to help keep your body healthy.
Drinks that are NOT RECOMMENDED for school-age children include energy shots/drinks and drinks that have ingredients such as high fructose syrup, caffeine, taurine and or guarana. When combined with some medications, these drinks can be life threatening. Most energy drinks are not approved by the food and drug administration.