School Board Election Notice
Candidates for the Marshfield R-1 School District Board of Education may file for the April 6, 2021 election beginning on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. and ending on Tuesday January 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. as established by law. You may file for candidacy in the Marshfield Schools Superintendent’s Office, located at 170 State Hwy DD, Marshfield MO, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with the following exceptions:
- January 19, 2021 hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Posted COVID-19 procedures will be followed by the prospective candidate.
- The office will be closed from December 24, 2020 through January 4, 2021. Filings will not be accepted during this period.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call 417-859-2120 opt. 0, to confirm the office is open.
A Declaration of Candidacy form will be provided and signed at the time of filing, which declares that he or she is eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri Law as follows:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Resident taxpayer of the Marshfield R-1 School District
- Will have resided in MO for a minimum of one year immediately preceding election
- At least 24 years of age
- Not delinquent in payment of any state income, personal property, municipal or real property taxes on place of residence and if past or present corporate officer, verifies office does not owe any taxes to the state.
- Have not been found or pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the USA or to a felony under MO law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in MO.
- Currently not registered or required to be registered as a sex offender
- Have filed all required campaign disclosure reports with the MO Ethics Commission for all previous elections in which he/she was candidate.
Two members will be elected to serve three-year terms.